- a communication or cheque has been mailed to a Fidelity client for whom we are holding an account and has been returned as “undeliverable”;
- a communication has been sent to a client for whom we are holding an account requesting that an action be taken by a specified date, and no action has been taken;
- a cheque was sent to a client for whom we are holding an account and the cheque has not been cashed;
- the client has not indicated an interest in the account;
- the value of the unclaimed property is $250.00 or more for owners of accounts residing in the province of Alberta;
- the value of the unclaimed property is $50.00 or more for owners of accounts residing in the province of British Columbia; or
- any value of unclaimed property for owners of accounts residing in the province of Quebec.
Fidelity Investments is required to make contact with individual owners for whom we are holding unclaimed property. Efforts to locate such individuals may include, but are not limited to the following means:
- correspondence with investment professionals;
- searching our recordkeeping system for other existing accounts;
- public listing searches (telephone book, 411 assistance, www.canada411.ca and other electronic databases); and
- engagement of vendors specialized in updating client information.
Fidelity maintains a list of unclaimed property owners whom we have been unable to contact. If you would like to request a search of our database, please contact:
483 Bay Street, Suite 300
Toronto, Ontario M5G 2N7
1 800 263-4077
You will be required to provide appropriate documentation to validate your status as the owner, heir or assignee.